Are you communicating with your customers using the same old campaigns? You would never want to repeat mistakes but instead learn from them, right? We can all agree that we want your salon to continue to attract new clients, retain the current ones and of course increase bottom line. We have pinned the most common marketing mistakes salon owners are making in their salons, and a solution to fix them.
Problem: Not Organized Enough
Solution: Proper Planning
If you intend to create a new marketing plan, you need to give yourself ample time to plan, implement and adjust your strategy accordingly. Here are certain things salon owners need to ask themselves before starting.
- How does the campaign complement your overall plan?
- What targets do you want to achieve out of your campaign?
- What are the successful measuring metrics?
- How much budget is allocated?
- What would be your communication channels? (social, email, etc.)
Problem: Adoption to Change
Solution: Redirect Your Creativity
As salon owners you should utilize your creative abilities in a marketing direction as well. You need to voice some engaging issues like consumer care through organic products, sulfate/paraben-free ingredients, products free from animal cruelty and more. We have a couple of options:
Blogging about some particular products or trendy topics that your clients are interested in. Add them to your email blasts.
You can also ask your clients to use a specific product and track the results to help promote your retail as well as your services.
Create enticing videos to speak about the products you sell.
Problem: Not Enough Content Personalization
Solution: Get Personal
It always feels good to have a personalized content as a customer. Address the email or text message directly with the name of your customer or create personalized content based on specific demographics. Segment your customers based on their age, genders and socio-economic classifications. Devise a separate strategy for each segment and then plan accordingly.
Problem: No Video Content
Solution: Effective Use Of Videos
Visual content is going to be a game changer this year. Videos are not a new medium but the devices we use have changed the marketing game. Here are some research facts:
- Videos are helpful in decision making according to 90% of users.
- Social videos generate 1200% more shares than images and texts combined
- Online video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic in 2019
Problem: No Adequate Mobile Marketing
Solution: Connect with Your Clients In the Most Convenient Way for Them
We have certain stats for salon owners to consider if their answer to the following questions is ‘NO’
Are you e-blast mobile-friendly? Do you send promotional SMSs? Do you have a mobile optimized website?
- 75% of customers prefer SMS offers
- There are 10X more chances for customers to use mobile coupons
- In last three years mobile email opens have grown by 180%
- 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly-designed mobile site
- Google says 61% of users won’t return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing, out of which 40% would visit a competitor's site instead
- 88% of consumers who searched a particular local business via mobile would call or visit that business within 24 hours
At GKhair we embark upon the strategy to go social. Shifting to marketing strategies aimed at social conversations with your clients would build a customer trust on your salon. Once trust is developed you would have an army of loyal customers willing to spend more money on your services. This way they will promote your business to peers.